How the cookie crumbles...

This blog is to give the coles notes version on my journey as a newly full-time self employed personal trainer... my life has ups and downs, dreams, visions, and harsh realities, but I always try to have a positive attitude.... join me on my quest for sucess!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Fitness Pal - Trial run!

Hello readers and fitness friends!

It is that time again, for me to try another fitness app/website and give you my feedback.  The one we are trying is Myfitnesspal (www.myfitnesspal.com) and I am liking alot of things about it - more so than the calorie count one I did late last year.

So far (2 days in) I am noticing that this app/website has a larger directory of foods.  Brand names, even Safeway brand! This makes entering food WAY easier!  I found with the last one that I was having to look at the nutritional info on all of my cans and jars and it took forever!

Secondly I like the layout for the workouts.  They do have a better selection, and split workouts into Cardio and strength.  The one think I have noticed so far is that they do not allow you to allot calories burned to strength training - that is BAD!  They do have skipping as an option on this app, which I love :)

Lastly this app does have a nutritional breakdown.  I had picked the app Daily Burn 1st, but knew right away it wasn't for me.  The breakdown of nutrients was terrible!  The Daily Burn app did have better exercise selection..... go figure!

Don't forget that even if you don't have a smart phone you can still use these websites for free.  They are a great tool for seeing how 'on track' you are based on your goals.  Do it for a week, see where you are at!

Enjoy the beautiful sunshine today - but layer up, it's cold!

Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment