How the cookie crumbles...

This blog is to give the coles notes version on my journey as a newly full-time self employed personal trainer... my life has ups and downs, dreams, visions, and harsh realities, but I always try to have a positive attitude.... join me on my quest for sucess!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Update - MyFitnessPal App!

If you went onto the Myfitnesspal website you probably noticed that they are all about weight.  I cannot stand it when sites focus only on weight....but WAIT (haha) myfitnesspal doesn't just focus on weight - we can also enter in and track our measurements for FREE!  I stress the free part, as many sites will only allow you to enter 1 or 2 measurements free, then you have to upgrade to enter more....BOO to that!  I have entered my December measurements and my most recent ones.  In the reports section you can see your progress on all of your measurements over time.  This rocks!  How do you add all of your measurements you ask?  Let me tell you:

Under the MYHOME tab you will see Check In.  Click on it and you will see OTHER MEASUREMENTS.  At the bottom of this box in blue you will see Change Measurements.  Click on this and you will be taken to a screen where you can customize which measurements you track.  Add as many as you want and you are done!

Always remember that the scale can be so unpredictable.  Time of day, hormones, water retention, digestion etc can contribute to your weight being higher or lower than what it actually is.  Measurements are not the perfect tool (Body fat % is my preferred method) but if you are measuring in the same place all the time - the numbers don't lie!

If you decide to take this journalling journey, please post your feedback, I would love to hear your comments!!

Cheers!

Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment