So I have been away awhile, training in different ways - hot yoga, running, biking, teaching - and I have been neglecting my at home workouts! I noticed today when I went to get dressed that because I haven't been doing my at home workouts, I also haven't been training my upper body as much as I should be! In the spirit of getting back into things we should be doing, here is my at home upper body/core workout for the day - Enjoy!
2 rounds of each alternating between 2 exercises
1. Push Ups to downward dog
2. Bent over rows
1. Chest Fly on ball
2. Seated reverse fly
1. Hammer Curls
2. Overhead Triceps Press
1. TRX Bicep Curls
2. TRX Triceps Press
1. Lateral Raise with Dumbbells
2. Plank with TRX
1. Side Plank TRX Left
2. Side Plank TRX Right (adding hip lifts in second set)
Abs
In other news, today was the 1st day I trained with pants and a sports bra - no over shirt! For those who have struggled with weight in the past, you know how scary it can be to take off your shirt and see all the nasties you have been hiding. With all of the hard work I have been doing, it wasn't that bad at all! I can see the definition in my abs again - and still all the little bits I want to be rid of. Sometimes seeing these bits are the extra motivation we need to get through that set you are cringing at. Don't look at yourself and only criticize - compliment the hard work you have put into your body, and strive to make it better.
Till next time - stay active, and focused!
Cher
The life of a personal trainer is wild and crazy (in a good way!) But sometimes it is tough to get your own workouts in! This is a blog about my journey - including workouts, food, and answers to questions I get asked all of the time - enjoy!
How the cookie crumbles...
This blog is to give the coles notes version on my journey as a newly full-time self employed personal trainer... my life has ups and downs, dreams, visions, and harsh realities, but I always try to have a positive attitude.... join me on my quest for sucess!
No comments:
Post a Comment