How the cookie crumbles...

This blog is to give the coles notes version on my journey as a newly full-time self employed personal trainer... my life has ups and downs, dreams, visions, and harsh realities, but I always try to have a positive attitude.... join me on my quest for sucess!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year.... and sick?

I am not sure how many people have been sick in December / January, but I am sure it is alot.  I thought I was immune to catching these nasty bugs, I was WRONG.  I caught the Norwalk virus, and apparently my body handled it in the best way possible.  I didn't vomit, I didn't have a fever.  Who knew I would be thankful to have only the pain of someone stabbing me in the stomach every minute of the day for 3 days?  I am thankful, and even though they say that this virus is blood type driven, I believe that my health and immunity helped me not to start with those other lovely symptoms.  I know I will catch things - I just hope that my health and lifestyle choices help me to beat them quicker and with more grace..... not that the last 3 days have been graceful.  I really had to admit defeat and just stay in bed - that is very hard for me to do, trust me.

So when you think to yourself 'Why am I eating so healthy', and 'Why am I training 4 days a week - what am I gaining?' - Know that you are creating a strong immune system so that you are not vomiting and having the shakes from the fever of Norwalk....instead you are just sitting on the throne with a good book waiting for it to be all over.... haha

Don't worry, I will have a great fitness blog later this week - :P

Cher

1 comment: