How the cookie crumbles...

This blog is to give the coles notes version on my journey as a newly full-time self employed personal trainer... my life has ups and downs, dreams, visions, and harsh realities, but I always try to have a positive attitude.... join me on my quest for sucess!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Calorie Counting Crazy!

So we are into day 4 of the Calorie Counting (Click Here to see their website) and I am becoming aware very quickly that prior to this I was taking in too many calories.  That is all there is to it!  I find that when I know I have to punch in the details of what I am eating, I don't want to eat bad things!  This morning I went to Cobs bakery after class to get my fiance some bread for his lunch....and bought myself a multigrain roll - I plunked it into the calorie counter when I got home (I went onto the Cobs bakery site, got the nutritional info and entered it into the site), and it wasn't too bad!  I paired it with a pear for breaky and away I went. 

Also, I am noticing where my vitamins and minerals are lacking.  This app allows you to see based on your food intake if you are too high, or too low in certain areas.  My iron intake seems really low, as well as my carbohydrates.  Who knew I was a protein junkie?  I sure didn't.

Lastly I get to enter in my exercise.  This is the one area this app/website needs improvement on.  They have 'teach an aerobics class' as an activity but only 'Gentle Yoga' - no power yoga, strength yoga - but that brings me to another good point - I can enter in the activity and the number of calories burned, save it as a favorite, and use it again another day.

So all in all, I like this app!  I will keep using it as it is making me aware of what I am consuming, burning and what needs to change.

Check it out!

Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment