How the cookie crumbles...

This blog is to give the coles notes version on my journey as a newly full-time self employed personal trainer... my life has ups and downs, dreams, visions, and harsh realities, but I always try to have a positive attitude.... join me on my quest for sucess!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Changes Changes!

This industry is ever changing (I am sure I have said this before).  I am now looking for new opportunities for myself.  Diversifying I think it is called!  I will be seeking out new group teaching options.  The first is a ski prep group/individual program.  It is that time of year and I think it is a great opportunity!  I am going to do it too (and not just think it!)

What new opportunity have you been thinking about but not followed through with?  It is half the job to think up the idea, but execution is key - make your ideas a reality!

TIP for the day:
Knee tracking - to ensure proper knee tracking in a shoulder width squat turn the toes out slightly.  The knee follows the the foot, and this helps to prevent the knees from coming inward and losing their proper tracking. 
Why is this important?
When the knee isn't tracking properly it can cause discomfort, pain, and possibly injury.  When practicing high impact or plyo style exercises this is especially important.  Picture a football player whose knee doesn't track when he is tackled...he is carried out on a stretcher....

xo
Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment